Sheffield Winter Garden set to reopen
13 August 2020
Following temporary closure due to the outbreak of Covid-19 earlier this year, the Sheffield Winter Garden will be back open to the public from Monday 17 August.
One of the city’s leading visitor attractions, the impressive multi award-winning Winter Garden is the largest urban glasshouse in Europe and home to more than 2500 plants from all around the world.
Opening times for the Winter Garden will resume to 8am - 8pm Monday through to Saturday and 10am - 5pm on Sundays.
In order to facilitate the safe reopening of the Winter Garden to visitors, a number of Covid safety measures will be in place, including the following:
- The garden will be deep cleaned prior to re-opening.
- There will be additional cleaning throughout the day to clean touch-points.
- Access to the garden will be restricted to a maximum 150 people at any one time, which will be managed by the City Centre Ambassador staff who will present in the garden at all times. If capacity is reached then the garden will be temporarily closed to further visitors until safe to allow more in.
- Face coverings will be required by all visitors, except whilst eating in the café area.
- The café will operate a Contact Tracing Record for its customers to support the NHS Test Trace & Isolate program.
- Hand sanitising stations will be available at all entrances.
- No groups larger than six persons will be permitted.
- Some areas of the garden have been closed off to eliminate “pinch points”.
- Signage will be displayed throughout as a reminder to keep social distancing.
Sheffield Winter Garden remains a FREE attraction to visitors. With these measures in place we hope that visitors can still enjoy the garden whilst respecting the safety of everybody using the facility.