Information for Sheffield Businesses re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Business Sheffield recognises that businesses are facing unprecedented times. We will do everything we can to help businesses survive and mitigate the impacts on their workforce.
The situation is unfolding very rapidly so it is vital that businesses are helped with up to date and accurate information to help them receive the support that will be on offer, nationally and locally. This will include:
- Job Retention Scheme
- support to defer VAT and income Tax payments
- a statutory sick pay relief package for SMEs
- a 12-month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality, leisure and nursery businesses in England
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
- grant funding of £10,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with a property rateable value under £15,000
- grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with a property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme to support long-term viable businesses who may need to respond to cash-flow pressures by seeking additional finance
- the COVID-19 Corporate Financing Loan Facility
- support to defer VAT and Income Tax payments
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme
Full details can be found at:
Our team of business advisors will be on hand over the coming weeks and months to help businesses navigate their way through the support that will be available. Our advisors can be contacted on 0114 224 5000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to properly reflect the Government's emerging schemes, Sheffield City Council are delaying the start of our 2020/21 business rate collection.
No business rates payments will be requested in April until there is more detail from Government regarding how to administer the reliefs and grants. If you or your business is experiencing difficulties then please get in touch with the business rates team on 0114 273 4318 or at email@example.com.
The following pages give additional help and support:
The latest information we have received regarding social distancing, protecting those at risk, and working practices and procedures can be found here.
Information for Employers – Reducing or Recruiting Staff
If you are an employer who is facing either having to reduce your workforce due to the impact of the coronavirus, or if you require additional temporary staff at this time, the Invest Sheffield Team can help as follows:
- Connect your exiting staff with other employers who have requirements at the moment, with recruitment agencies who have roles and with the Job Centre.
- Advertising any vacancies you may have for temporary cover on our Facebook Jobs page www.facebook.com/SCRjobs and through other social media channels, and with partners such as Opportunity Sheffield, Sheffield Futures and Prospects who all have clients seeking employment.